Network, Learn, Be Informed
View our Calendar and Events pages for Upcoming Dates, Times and Agendas
Monthly Security Summit
The standard summit includes 3 to 5 speakers, is normally scheduled from 9am to noon, and may be hosted jointly with industry trade groups, academia and public agencies. InfraGard records and distributes presentations as time allows and permission granted. The Security Summit is an opportunity for Alliance members and visitors to attend exclusive presentations, working groups, discussions, and industry lectures. Numerous summits are "Open" to the public, while some may be private based on topics of discussion. Most of these events are open to industry professionals with a focus on security, risk management and information technology. Most of the events are also an opportunity to introduce non members to InfraGard and the local NY Metro InfraGard Members Alliance.
Weekly Conference Call(Thursdays - 9:30am - 10:00am)
NYM InfraGard holds a "virtual watercooler" discussion each week. The conference call is a half hour long, fast paced and engages public agency and private sector personnel in a wide variety of topics of interest to the group. If you would like to participate in the calls, please contact us. The call is open to all current, secure InfraGard Members. You must be pre-registered to be on the call.
Recent topics of interest:
- Pathway to Violence: The Work of the FBI Behavioral Analysis Unit (FBI NYO)
- Cyber Resilience in the Electricity Ecosystem (NY Power Authority)
- Tools for CMMC assessments (Participants)
- Developments in GDPR & Privacy Shield (Participants)
- Electronic Security Industry (InfraGard) Cross-Sector Council (Axis Communications)
- Right of Boom: An Overview of the FBI Evidence Response Team (ERT) (FBI NYO)
- Judicial Cyber Security (New Jersey Judiciary)
- The Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Cyber Security (Cybersecurity for WFH & Reopening) (Kroll)
- FBI Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) Program Overview (FBI NYO)
- Financial Institutions' Readiness for the Fallout from the Coronavirus (Citrin Cooperman)
- Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (McGuirk USA)
- COVID-19 Fraud Schemes (FBI NYO)
- Reopening After Coronavirus (Participants)
- Virtual Teleconferencing Security and Experiences (Participants)
- International Travel & Cyber Hygiene (FBI NYO)
- Phishing (Integris Security)
- The Secret to Cybersecurity (Nashville InfraGard)
- NYS SHIELD Act (3 NYC law firms)
- 5G Security (FBI NYO)
- Data Diodes & Cyber Security (Owl Cyber Defense)
- Iran Threat Briefing (FBI NYO)
- Understanding the Underground Marketplace for Stolen Credentials (Spycloud)
- Hate Crimes (FBI NYO)
CyberSecurity Awareness Training
The InfraGard CyberSecurity Awareness Training serves as an educational extension of our Monthly Security Summit. We have designed courses from one hour to half day for the technically advanced as well as beginners. Training is typically segregated into workforce and management topics. Our trainers are all certified CISSP's and experienced information security professionals.
This program is currently being re-evaluated.
The InfraGard Learning Series serves as an educational extension of our Monthly Security Summit. It provides in-depth examinations of specified topics to aid our audience's professional and domestic practices. Researched material is compiled periodically and presented via white papers, video, and/or other various multi-media formats. The Learning Series is an intensive examination at a topic or issue. We will prepare these as our members indicate, once or twice, or three times a year at most. The Learning Series may also be a vendor supported and funded educational product.